The Senior Conference Manager is responsible for the full strategic, content- and logistical organization of conferences and meetings.
• Sole responsibility for a portfolio of conferences worldwide
• Preparation and management of the conference budget, cash flow forecasts and final accounts reconciliation.
• Execution of conference publicity, marketing and fundraising plans and ensuring accuracy and quality of all print/web/media/social media materials.
• Establish and maintain a credible and professional working relationship with all stakeholders by providing a truly client-focused service
• Develop the scientific program in collaboration with the Senior Scientist and Organizing Committee
• Develop and distribute faculty communications such as; invitation letters, logistics forms, confirmation details, welcome letters, personal itineraries, thank you letters and collating expenses and honoraria as required
• Event Management: venue search and liaison, such as meeting rooms and accommodation requirements, catering provisions and AV requirements, price negotiations, managing costs and suppliers
• Full onsite project management
• Evaluation & Aftersales
Reason for vacancy
As our success continues to grow, we are looking to expand our team.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in conference management
• Must have a relevant academic background and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an excellent command of English
• Must be a team player and able to work effectively demonstrating a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise tasks and activities to deliver within agreed deadlines while demonstrating a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work under pressure (no 9 to 5 mentality)
• High level of personal accountability
• Experience with WordPress and Adobe Indesign
• Must have a positive personality with a good sense of humor.
In addition to working a dynamic and international environment, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits that include: 25 days holiday days, pension, etc