Conferences Team Manager
Virology Education is a specialist medical education company with over 40 annual events globally. We initiate and organize educational programs in the field of infectious diseases and related areas.
The Conferences Team Manager is responsible for leading the conferences management team and overseeing the successful delivery of the full range of events within the company. In this role, you will be the principal day-to-day point of contact for the managing director.
• Lead the conferences team: Coordinate all conference activities to achieve a professional and successful delivery of the programs
• Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to optimize efficiency and efficacy
• Anticipate resourcing/recruitment needs and agree solutions with the Managing Director
• Identify and implement improvements for internal processes across the organisation
• Fully understand and ensure adherence to compliance policies and guidelines
• Ensure high level service and quality control throughout all programs
• Monitor project planning timelines and ensure deadlines are met
Financial and project management
• Achieve budget goals throughout all programs
• Maintain tight financial control working closely with the Accounting department, with regard to budget preparation and specification; conference management fees and hours, project tracking, full cost reconciliation
• Identify new opportunities and acquire financial support
• Work with the managing director to develop costings and proposals for new projects
• Actively improve processes, programs and strategies to generate increased attendance
• Design and Implement marketing plans while working closely with the communications manager and ensure accuracy and quality of materials and communications
• Coordinate fundraising activities and act as the primary contact for all events team resourcing queries
Reason of vacancy
As our success continues to grow, we are looking to expand our team.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Must have excellent leadership skills and an events background with at least 5 years’ experience within a medical education agency
• To have managed international events such as congresses, exhibitions and standalone events and have a strong understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry regulatory environment including EFPIA and Sunshine ACT reporting
• Must have a relevant academic background
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an excellent command of English
• Ability to prioritise tasks and activities to deliver within agreed deadlines while demonstrating a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure (no 9 to 5 mentality)
• High level of personal accountability
• Must have a positive personality with a good sense of humor.
In addition to working a dynamic and international environment, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits that include: 25 days holiday days, pension, etc